Above a temperature of approx. 75°C on the power board (corresponds to 65–72°C outside on the back cover), the power part of the controller switches off and the error bit is set (see objects 1001h and 1003h). After cooling down and confirming the error (see table for the controlword, "Fault reset"), the controller again functions normally.
The following temperature test results provide information on the temperature behavior of this controller.
- Operating voltage: 48 V DC
- Motor current: 4.2 A (stepper motor) / 6 A (BLDC motor) rms
- Operation mode: Velocity Mode, full step, 30 rpm
- Ambient temperature: 25 °C / 45 °C
- Altitude of site: 500 m above sea level
- No external cooling in the climatic chamber, e.g., via fan
- Motor not flanged mounted
At 25°C (+48 V, 4.2/6 A rms, Velocity Mode 30 rpm), the controller was in operation for longer than 2 hours without having been switched off. The temperature on the cover was stable at approx. 60°C.
At 45°C (+48 V, 4.2/6 A rms, Velocity Mode 30 rpm), temperature protection switched off the controller after approx. 21 (stepper motor) or 14 (BLDC motor) minutes.