Setting the motor data
Prior to commissioning, the motor controller requires a number of values from the motor data sheet.
- Number of pole pairs: Object 2030h:00h (pole pair count) The number of motor pole pairs is to be entered here. With a stepper motor, the number of pole pairs is calculated using the step angle, e.g., 1.8° = 50 pole pairs, 0.9° = 100 pole pairs (see step angle in motor data sheet).
- Setting the motor current / motor type:
- Stepper motor only: Object 2031h:00h: Rated current (bipolar) in mA (see motor data sheet)
- BLDC motor only:
- Object 2031h:00h Peak current in mA (see motor data sheet)
- Object 203Bh:01h Rated current in mA (see motor data sheet)
- Object 203Bh:02h Maximum duration of the peak current in ms (for initial commissioning, Nanotec recommends a value of 100 ms; this value is to be adapted later to the specific application).
- Object 3202h:00h (Motor Drive Submode Select): Defines motor type BLDC: 00000041h
- Motor with encoder: Object 2059h:00h (Encoder Configuration): Depending on the encoder version, one of the following values is to be entered (see motor data sheet):
- Supply voltage 5V, differential: 00000000h
- Supply voltage 24V, differential: 00000001h
- Supply voltage 5V, single-ended: 00000002h
- Supply voltage 24V, single-ended: 00000003h
Motor with brake: Object 3202h:00h (Motor Drive Submode Select): The brake control is activated for the initial commissioning. Depending on the specific application, this configuration can be deactivated later if necessary. One of the following values is to be entered depending on the motor type:
- Stepper motor, brake control (and current reduction) activated: 0000000Ch
- BLDC motor, brake control activated: 00000044h